Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Idaho teen loses cancer fight after delivering son | Stronger Than Cancer

Idaho teen loses cancer fight after delivering son | Stronger Than Cancer

Wow, this is such a powerful story of sacrifice.

After going through cancer, and facing all the decisions you face about treatment, and your place in the world, I can completely understand her decision.

When I was diagnosed with cancer, the sleepless nights were not about my fears of dying, or concern for my life - all of my worries were about my children and how they were coping with my diagnosis, and how they would cope if I didn't survive. At 2am I was mapping out what I might leave for them, what message could I give them that would show them that I loved them even after I was gone... so many thoughts in so many directions - not about my cancer, but about my children.

Five years later, I am happy that I survived and our family is whole again.

My thoughts and prayers and blessings go out to Jenni Lake's little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment